Monday, December 22, 2008

I suppose an update is in order

Well, in the last year lot has happened: I returned to work a couple of days a week, Shawn got his Permanent Residency Visa and the family moved to the Upper North Shore of Sydney to be closer to family and to find some affordable childcare, but the major event is that Ivy was born on the 25th January, 2008. I was 17 days overdue (not a typo). I spent three days in pre-labour, no sleep and had ten hours hard-core syntocynon induced labour. My temperature rose as my body worked overtime and Ivy's heart rate started showing a few blips in response to the physical pressure I was under. So the pregnancy ended in an emergency c-section, but resulted in a smart, strong, well-adjusted, beautiful girl that I love more than I knew I could.

No comments: