Tuesday, June 12, 2007

I Don't Like Renting

I have a lot to be thankful for. My health, great husband and a pretty decent job to name a few. One thing I'm not thankful for is our landlord. We've been without water since Sunday morning. He said he'd see me this afternoon at 4.30 to fix it, however, he is notoriously unreliable, so I called him at 3.30pm to confirm this. He informed me that the plumber had already been around and fixed it at around midday. This is incredibly displeasing to me for two reasons. One is that I was home for lunch after 12 so I know it wasn't done. The other thing is that he organised to send someone to our place without our knowledge. I don't take well to strangers (or agents or landlords) in my house, without informing me and without me being present. Forget about the fact that I find it incredibly rude, what if I came home and found a strange man in my house? Is he trying to give me a heart attack?

No comments: