Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Impending Work Move

At the end of July/beginning of August, my workplace will be moving. I'm not particularly enthused about this. It means that instead of a 15 minute drive to work, I will have about 50 minutes on public transport. I do feel like I've been quite lucky having a parking space at the current place so I'll get over it. At least most of winter will be over before the move.

The other thing is that we're all being given these small kidney shaped desks. What this means to me is that I will not have enough space for my printer, scanner, phone, computer and CRT monitor. Despite the fact that I have more equipment, I will not be allowed a different desk. Apparently this will ruin the "harmony" of the space. I am unsure as to how harmonious it could possible be when most of us hate these desks. I'm also wondering where I'm expected to put everything. Maybe they were able to get me a slightly larger one? Or one with a seamless add-on. I live in hope.

I have also been asked what I would like for a new LCD monitor, since my old CRT won't fit. I declined the first two options since they weren't, in my opinion, fit for graphic design. I seem to remember the GM saying I could have a nice big cinema display, but my boss tells me that the budget is apparently no where near accommodating this. Promises, promises. I've chosen another as a backup if I can't keep my CRT. It also isn't ideal, but I'm sure it won't be the end of all things good.

Or will it. This means I can't really duck home for lunch either.

And now to list the pros of this move for me... Oh wait, there are none.

No comments: